+1 (832) 834-6097

                     Call Us Now | Our Office Number

+1 (832) 834-6099

                     Call Us Now | Our Office Number




Fiance of Fiancee K Type visa

Aqrawi Law > Immigration  > Family Based Visa > Fiance of Fiancee K Type visa

Fiance of Fiancee K Type visa


K1 Visa (Fiance or Fiancee of U.S. Citizens)

U.S. Immigration law allows three methods for U.S. citizens to bring spouses to the United States: the K-1 Fiancé Visa , K3 Visa and the Immediate Relative Immigrant Visa.

The K1 fiance visa is available to foreign citizens who would like to marry American citizens and reside permanently in the U.S


Benefits of the K1 Fiance Visa

A. The K1 fiance visa generally has a shorter waiting period compared to marriage-based immigration visa petitions
B. You can apply for a work permit by filing a form
C. Your children can accompany you to the U.S. on the K2 dependent visa as long as they are named in the fiance visa petition


Requirements for the K1 Visa

You are eligible for the K1 fiance visa if:

A. You and your fiance are legally eligible to marry under the laws of your country as well as the laws of the U.S.
B. You will marry the petitioning U.S. citizen within 90 days of entering the U.S.
C. You intend to enter the U.S. solely to marry the U.S. citizen
D. You have met the U.S. citizen within the last two years before filing for the K1 fiance visa. However, this requirement can be waived only if meeting your fiance in person would violate long-established customs, or would create extreme hardship for you.

Contact us today for a consultation at 1-844-B-LEGAL-2