+1 (832) 834-6097

                     Call Us Now | Our Office Number

+1 (832) 834-6099

                     Call Us Now | Our Office Number




M-2 Family of M-1 visa

Aqrawi Law > Immigration  > Family Based Visa > M-2 Family of M-1 visa

M-2 Family of M-1 visa


M2 Visa (Spouses and Children of M1 visa holders)

M2 Visa Details

An M-2 visa is issued to the spouse and/or child of an M-1 visa applicant/holder.


What Are The Requirements For An M-2 Visa?

If the applicant is presently in the United States, in status, we can submit the application here in the U.S. If the applicant is residing outside of the United States, the applicant submits Form DS-156 to the U.S. Consular office where he/she resides.

The consular officer may require additional documents to verify the purpose for obtaining the visa. The visa may be issued on the same day that the application is made and is in the form of a stamp in the applicant’s passport.

A spouse and/or child of an M-1 applicant is eligible for an M-2 visa is they can show that sufficient funds are available to cover their expenses in the United States and that they intend to leave the United States upon the termination of the status of the M-1 student.


Can M-2 Dependents Be Employed?

The M-2 visa does not permit the holder to accept employment.


How Long Is The M-2 Visa Valid?

Applicants for an M-2 visa are eligible to stay in the United States for as long as their M-1 principle is under status.

Contact us today for a consultation at 1-844-B-LEGAL-2